Church members from parishes throughout the Diocese of Kilmore travelled to RDS Dublin, on Thursday 23rd August, to attend at the 2nd day of the three-day Pastoral Congress for WMOF2018, from 22nd to 24th August.
The visit afforded the opportunity to attend seminars on a variety of topics, which included:
- Human Trafficking: “An Open Wound on the body of Contemporary Society” (Pope Francis)
- The Dignity and Beauty of Sexual Love: Finding New Language for Ancient Truths.
- Personal Formation for Marriage Counselling and Facilitation: Lay Leadership in the post-Millennial Age.
- Celebrating Family and Sport
- Pope Francis on the Vocation of Fatherhood.
- Faith, Family and Development: The Witness of Women in Leadership.
- Marriage Preparation and the Parish in the Light of Amoris Laetitia.
- Showing Welcome and Respect in our Parishes for ‘LGBT’ People and their Families.
- Vocational Discernment and the Family: Preparing for the Youth Synod, 2018.
as wells as testimonies from Couples celebrating 25, 50, 60+ years of Marriage.
After attending Mass in the Main Area, celebrated by H.E. Cardinal João Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, those pilgrims who had travelled by bus returned home, while the evening events continued.