The Diocese of Kilmore is recruiting for the position of Diocesan Director of Pastoral Services on a two-year initial contract, working 20 hours per week flexible. This post will be based in Cavan town.
The main duties of the Diocesan Director of Pastoral Services will include:
- • The organising and facilitating of adult religious faith formation.
- • Supporting the election and consolidation of new parish pastoral councils, pastoral area councils and the diocesan pastoral council at the beginning of their terms of oﬃce and providing ongoing training and support throughout their term.
- • Providing training and support for clergy tasked with leading pastoral areas.
- • Promoting the achievement of the current and any future diocesan pastoral plan.
- • Providing formation training for speciﬁc lay ministries in the diocese
Essential Qualities of Candidate:
- Third level qualiﬁcation in Theology essential.
- Active involvement in the life of the Church with a commitment and competence in responding to the needs of the local church.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate others.
- Show competence in delivering strategies and plans.
- Full drivers’ licence and own transport required.
Applications by the submission of a C.V. and cover letter should be sent to the Diocesan Secretary, Bishop’s House, Cullies, Cavan H12 P5W6
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 31 January 2020