Research Coordinator with the Council for Justice and Peace of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference
(For fixed term – 3 year period)
The Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference wishes to appoint a Research Coordinator whose primary responsibility will be to support the work of its Council for Justice and Peace (CJP). The CJP is responsible for promoting the social justice teaching of the Church.
The successful applicant will have:
- a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline, with a primary degree in Theology desirable, and appropriate relevant experience;
- a good understanding of the social teaching of the Catholic Church;
- a keen interest in justice, peace and development issues – both domestic and international;
- strong commitment to developing inter-church relations in Ireland;
- social and political awareness;
- the ability to network with political and/or civil society;
- the skills to research agreed relevant topics to a professional standard;
- the competence to draft, summarise, analyse and present research findings, position papers and offer input into media statements in a concise and engaging manner;
- familiarity with social media and the use of Microsoft Office Professional (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- ability to manage and maintain the Council’s new website justiceandpeace.ie
- respect for the teaching of the Catholic Church;
- a positive disposition and constructive team player;
- self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- be prepared to be flexible with regard to hours of work and travel.
- The Research Coordinator’s responsibilities will include the day to day running of the office, annual budget projections and production of an annual report.
A competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience, will apply to this appointment. A detailed job description is available on www.catholicbishops.ie/careers
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and existing remuneration package details to:
Executive Administrator, Columba Centre, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, or by email to: email@example.com by 5.00 pm on Friday, 12 January 2018
Interviews will take place in Columba Centre, Maynooth, week commencing 5 February 2018